PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Dog just ate a sago palm seed. JA: I'm sorry to hear that.

Customer Question

Dog just ate a sago palm seed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Maynard, 4 yr, 15 lb
JA: How old is Maynard, 4 Year, 15 Pound?
Customer: He is four years old, he weighs 15 pounds, and is a Schnoodle.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: A Schnoodle is a poodle/schnauzer mix.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the seed consumed?2) Any vomiting seen yet?
Sago palms are extremely toxic to dogs and ingestion of any part of the plant can cause death. The seeds are considered the most toxic part of the plant.It's imperative that Maynard see a veterinarian promptly. If you need help finding one in your area, please reply with your city, state and zip code and I'll be happy to help you. There's more information here from Poison Control:
Checking in to see how Maynard is doing.