Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Jj & my minn pin has problems with his liver. Is there treatments

Customer Question

Jj & my minn pin has problems with his liver. Is there treatments & what might be the expected life of a dog with liver issues?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He s 6 years old. Vet has done blood work & said his liver "numbers" we're too high.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind. Can you attach a copy of the blood work results. There are various blood tests that are affected by the liver, and it would be important to know which test they were referring to and how high they were. Is your dog showing any signs of not feeling well? Is he eating well? Maintaining a good weight? Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.