Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My 13 years old golden retriever has one or two very red

Customer Question

my 13 years old golden retriever has one or two very red balls the size of golf ball showing in the anal part of his body. He is very lethargic, do not eat. He is normally on dry food. I tried can food now but he is not interested about eating. thank you for your help. Genevieve
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Genevieve. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: The reason why I say hemoroides or hemoroide type is, for the past week he seems to have had difficulty passing excrements; he has to force himself and the result was small amount but solid, now or until this morning it was liquid paste. Tanner (that is my dogès name) has a free fenced back yard. Thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Can you upload a photo(s) of these "balls" to our conversation, Genevieve? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Greetings, I took a few pictures with my camera, but now I do not know what you want me to do with it. I do not know what you mean by paperclip icon. I do not know also how to use I can tell you that what ever is causing that it is smelling pretty bad. Thanks.
Customer, please contact***@******.*** who will help you upload your photos. While dogs don't suffer from hemorrhoids, they do develop anal sac and perianal adenocarcinomas - aggressive cancers that may appear as you've described.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?