Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is diabetic and has bladder stones--has been vigorously

Customer Question

My dog is diabetic and has bladder stones--has been vigorously licking tummt and inside back legd
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry your dog has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Elvis--almost 11
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He is not being treated for disbetes--could not tolerate injections--very thin, blind but still seems to emjoy being with family, eating and drinking/-just dont want him in pain.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has Elvis had these signs?Are you seeing any changes to the skin (ie pimples, pustules, scabs, sores, ulcers, redness, dander, or crusting)?When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?Any diet change in the 4-6 weeks before this started?Any issues with his urination at the moment (ie licking his genitals, straining, passing urine more often, changes in urine color/clarity/odor)?