PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dog is throwing up and has lose bowls what medicine to get

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well he hasn't eatin since the day before yesterday and he won't drink his water
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Good morning, thanks for your question. Can you answer some additional questions for me? 1) How long has your dog been vomiting? 2) How long has the diarrhea been happening? 3) Any blood in the stool?4) Any history of food changes, eating human food, new treats or getting into the trash?5) How old is your companion and what breed of dog?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since yesterday no blood no human food PitBull 9months I think he pick up something off the ground the other day
There are a few things that you can try at home. First, a dose of famotidine daily can help to calm his stomach. Dosing info here: This should reduce the vomiting you're seeing. Second, change his diet to something bland like boiled chicken breast and rice for a few days. This should improve his stool. If he was not vaccinated as a puppy by your veterinarian, he's still within the age of risk to have parvo, distemper, etc. Therefore, if the home medications don't help, it would be recommended to have him seen by your vet for injectable medications that can stop the nausea/vomiting and help get him back to eating normally again and producing normal stool. You should see improvements within 24 hours with the information contained herein. If there's anything else I can help you with today, just let me know. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today. Best of luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?