Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
A new question is answered every 9 seconds is having difficulty getting up and down...sensitive

Customer Question is having difficulty getting up and down...sensitive to touch. On his side he has a lump. Vet said it was air bubble.
JA: Sorry, I missed that. I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Sugar, sheltie has a larger bump on her side and has yeast infection...they both are drinking a lot of water.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Is it their food.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. I would want to get some x-rays of her to determine what the lump is. It could be a benign tumor, a malignant tumor or potentially an organ enlargement or mass that is visible from the outside. Once we x-ray it , we can then get needle aspirates to know what it is. There are many different types of tumors that it could be. Some are benign and we ignore them. Some are locally infiltrative and curative with surgery. Others are highly metastatic and we don't do anything but let the dog liver out their life. We need more diagnostics though to determine the cause and prognosis. Best of luck, let me know if you have any other questions.