Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My 8 week old puppy has a swollen eye lid JA: I'm sorry to

Customer Question

My 8 week old puppy has a swollen eye lid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I took him to the vet today for the 2nd time the first time was about 2 weeks ago my cat scratched the other eye he has antibiotics eye drops and the bet said it would be OK to put the same drops in that eye as well
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: The vet couldn't see him about it until 4 pm tomorrow but it is getting worse now the bottom eyelid is turning red
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Please tell me the ingredients in those drops. If there's a steroid present it mustn't be used.
Hi Amy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?