Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 11 yr. old Cocker Spaniel has had fatty tumors, but now

Customer Question

My 11 yr. old Cocker Spaniel has had fatty tumors, but now has a
smaller than golf ball size hard lump just behind his front leg. His other side is normal and the lymph node on the other side is not swollen.
The lump is hard but I can move it around a little, doesn't seem like it's embedded into the muscle. It is well defined and circular, I can tell where the lump is and muscle begins. Scaring me to death. He has a history off allergies and is on hyroxizine and occasionally mederol for his joints. Appetite is good, bowels are good, no other problems.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Dusty is concerning you. It's not uncommon for dogs with a history of fatty tumors to grow more of them as time passes. Have you had a fine needle aspirate or an exam performed to see if this one appearance consistent with that of a fatty tumor presentation? The way you describe it sounds like it can also be removed easily, if you're concerned it may be something worse than a lipoma.