Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 19 lb chihuahua mix chewed on a raid ant bait III, and it

Customer Question

My 19 lb chihuahua mix chewed on a raid ant bait III, and it looks like she got most of the interior of it, but she did not ingest any of the plastic casing. She did have bloody stools yesterday morning (this happened late Saturday), and she's been very quiet since then, not eating or drinking much. I did take her to emergency, but they asked for about $800 for tests which I believe were unnecessary. What should I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The poison on the container says Avemectin B1. She doesn't seem to have bloody diarhhea now but it quiet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, wedding sparkles. Thanks or your question. When did she consume the ant bait? Were any diagnostics performed at the ER visit? Did they place her on any medications?