PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Susannah JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dog got into her rimadyl friday night. initially i thought it was only my other dog who is at the emergency clinic. she began vomiting yesterday and is very lethargic. is it too late to take her to emergency clinic if this happened overnight Friday? she is 13 years old and has cushing's diesease
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, JaCustomer. Do you know how many rimadyl were consumed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there were 70 in the bottle and i initially thought my other dog ate them all but now with Sunny's symptoms it's obvious she ate some too. No telling how many each ate
It's certainly too late to have her produce the pills through vomiting, but it's not too late to take her to the ER. In fact, if she consumed up to 70 of them...the ER is exactly where she needs to be. They will definitely need to run some lab work on her to see how her organs are fairing after such a consumption. A major GI upset is also a risk.If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.