Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Baxter-- a beagle is acting like he wants to throw up. He

Customer Question

Baxter-- a beagle is acting like he wants to throw up. He recently ( a few weeks ago) got into his food supply by popping open tbe plastic container that his food is kept in. He had gained some weight before I realized it was happened and I had to cut his food back. He eats his food fine and is having regular bowel movements. Now he is eating grass and acting like he wants to throw up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the beagle bleeding a lot?
Customer: NOt at all that I have seen and I am with him all day and walk him four to five times per day for about 30 minutes. I did not notice anything irregular today but he woke me up tonight sounding like he was throwing up but he does not.
JA: Phew. What is the beagle's name and age?
Customer: Baxter. He is six.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He has gained weight but is not lethargic. I had to be away from him yesterday and he got very upset but he did not show any signs of sickness/
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Has he been off food with this?Can he keep water down?Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, distension, tenderness, or tensing?Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Has he had any diarrhea?