Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is shaking and acting in pain at different times of

Customer Question

My dog is shaking and acting in pain at different times of the day. Took to vet, vet sis x ray saw no blockage but trapped gas. Sent home , the next day same thing happened, vet took another x ray saw gas , but no bllockage, took blood, everything looked good. Red cells in range but high. Sent home 24th hours ago with antibiotics and pain meds. Dog is not better. What do I do ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Scarlet spayed female 8 years old
JA: How old is Scarlet Spayed Female 8 Years Old?
Customer: 8
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: What pain relief was she sent home on specifically?Did her vet determine where she was sore?Are you hearing any increased gut noise?Did her vet think the gas present was excessive or distending her gut?