Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

And my puppy aye azaleas flowers about a hour

Customer Question

***** *****, and my puppy aye azaleas flowers about a hour ago. He is 3 month old doberman
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He was outside, and ate two flowers off an azalea plant, he is a 3 month old doberman, weighs 26 pounds, seems fine, but worried.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name s Lisa and I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....​Do you have any hydrogen proxide in the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Yes. I'm here. Give me a minute to type an answer.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
So Azaleas are toxic to dogs if they ingest it. As little as 0.2% of an animal’s body weight can result in poisoning.When ingested, clinical signs include gastrointestinal signs, abnormal heart rate, heart arrhythmias, weakness, hypotension), and things like depression, tremors, transient blindness, seizures, coma, etc.Because of this, I would induce vomiting with the peroxide. You can give up to 3 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and then walk him around for a couple minutes to get it foamy and get him to vomit. If it doesn't happen within 10 minutes, you can repeat the dose once more.If you're unable to get him to vomit, you may want to consider having him seen by an emergency vet so they can get the flowers out of his system.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's sleeping now, and seems fine.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
If you'd prefer to monitor him and watch for signs of problems, that would be acceptable. Signs of problems don't always show up right away and can take up to 48 hours to appear.