Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Our 3 1/2 yr old male maltese had a seizure last night. has

Customer Question

our 3 1/2 yr old male maltese had a seizure last night. has been acting fine before, and since the seizure.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: ricky
JA: I think I may have missed something. Could you explain?
Customer: not sure what happened. I was in bed. but my husband said he got woke by the noise of ricky having a seizure. it lasted for a couple minutes, but then he seemed ok
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.Dogs can get seizures for many reasons so it is important to keep note of what the day was like , how much did the dog eat, was there any vomiting during the day or diarrhea, is there any head pressing on walls , anything unusual for the dog to be doing . This can help your vet identify what may be a cause. Some seizures are idiopathic , meaning there is no disease causing them. What is important to remember is that if the dog has more than one seizure in a 24 hour period he should be seen by the vet as soon as possible. If he has not fully come out of one seizure and has gone into another seek Vet help right away or if a seizure last 7 minutes or longer , seek vet help right away. IF the seizures are infrequent , once a month , then usually nothing is done. If they are more frequent then medication is prescribed.I am going to direct you to a site with more information on causes , treatments, and when to seek help from your Veterinarian.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Dr Becker explains on video
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.