PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

She does not have puppies, never been with a male and she is

Customer Question

She does not have puppies, never been with a male and she is not spayed.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi JACUSTOMER, how can we best help you tonight? It looks like part of your transmission didn't come through. All we can see on this end is that your girl is unspayed, has not been with a male and does not have pups.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Gypsy is about 15. She is a poodle. Her right breast is enlarged and hard.
Thanks for the additional information. Dogs who are unspayed are at a heightened risk of mammary tumors. In fact, poodles are at an even higher risk because of their breed. You can find more information here: would recommend that you have the area examined by a veterinarian. Most of the time removal of the tumor is indicated and a histopathology can be performed to determine what kind of tumor it is. There may or may not be an indicated treatment for it depending on what is found on the histopathology. There's about a 50/50 chance that it could be cancerous, but most of them do not cause death. If I can answer any more questions about this topic, please let me know. If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.