Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 100 lb. Alaskan malamute just ingested 3 ambien 10 mg pills.

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey 15 months
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She is salivating, breathing fast and wobbly
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When did Bailey ingest the ambien? 2) Any vomiting seen since that time?
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Are his aggressive outbursts toward people, pets or both? 2) Is there any time that he's not acting aggressive or agitated? 3) Does he use the litter box regularly? 4) Is he on any medications? 5) Has a physical exam been performed to determine if there's an underlying cause for the aggression? 6) I assume that his family surrendered him because of this aggression, is this correct?