Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog eat some bones and having trouble pooping. I took him

Customer Question

My dog eat some bones and having trouble pooping. I took him to the veta couple of days ago and she gave him a stool softener an some gastro intestinal dog food. Well he still has not had a good bowel movement. Stated that its a process.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dino, I found him a the local dumpster when was a young puppy in 2010. He weighs approximately 20 to 25 lbs
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) These bones that Dino has eaten, were they raw or cooked? What kind? Chicken? Beef? 2) When were the bones eaten? 3) How has he been eating since that time? 4) When did you begin the stool softener?