Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He's vomiting and now vomiting water.... he had a tick on m

Customer Question

he's vomiting and now vomiting water.... he had a tick on him found 8 days ago, we removed it, it looks fine now. THere was a hole when we removed it, I think I got it all, and then cleaned with alcohol and put triple antibiotic ointment on it. Now that he is puking even water I'm worried. He is boston terrier and has increased his snorting, body contorting snorting which he occassionally does, he is doing it more
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the boston terrier eat anything unusual?
Customer: I don't think so. Last night I think he swallowed a small piece of plastic, i fished around his mouth and felt it but he swallowed it before I could get it out
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the boston terrier?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hi,Customer Thanks for your question.

It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did he consume the plastic piece?
2) When did the vomiting begin?
3) Is he still eating and drinking?
4) How are his stools?