Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

A new Physician is now working is our clinic and is bringing

Customer Question

A new Physician is now working is our clinic and is bringing his Siberian Huskie to work. Is this legal or even professional.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Today was his first day in our office and he said he and his wife bring the dog everywhere. The dog IS NOT a therapy dog. I'm worried about allergies and cleanliness.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I cannot speak on the legal issue, but can tell you my experience. In the time I have worked in offices there always have been a Vet or Vet tech that brings their dog or cat to the office. Most Clients know them as office mascots. Many of the Vets use these animals as blood donors. If the clinic owner does not object, there is usually no problem as long as the animal is well behaved and does not cause a problem. Professional is in the eyes of the clinic owner. In the clinics I have worked in I have worked Corporate as well as Private upscale offices and there has always been an office pet in the clinic. If you need Legal advice on this, I can send the question to legal when we are done. I hope I have addressed your concerns. Please let me know if You need further information on this.

Joan