Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

21 month old female bischon, had to go to vet in february

Customer Question

21 month old female bischon, had to go to vet in february because was throwing uo 3-4 times a day for 3.5 days. Went to vet 2 exrays iv fluids and some stomach medicine. All was goo $300ūüėĪ. She is doing it again only not as severe. 3 times Sumday 2 times yesterday & 1 time this am. Has had food in it a couple of times (first time Sumday am was full breakfast). The others are stomach bile. She seems fines - plays runs around. Took her off her food and put her on our other male diabetic bischon perscription diet w/d (which she loves more tha her food). Lastly, this young lady puts everything in her mouth!
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Went to,vet in early December not Febuary
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you with this problem.

How does she seem to be doing on the W/D food?

Is she getting any treats or bones?

You mentioned she puts everything in her mouth could she have gotten something that she should not have eaten?

Doe she get any table scraps?

What food is she normally on?

Joan

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
W/d not necessaerly makimg any better, she will eat it dry though. Antler bone and nylone y bone. Yes she could have gotten something she should not eaten - maybe plant bassed from yard. She rarely gets table scraps. She is normally on newmans own dry and merrik canned.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

I am working on your answer now

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Thank-you for the information. The two issues that come to mind that may be happening is if she is picking up things in the yard that is a common source of upsetting the stomach. Eating items not supposed to will cause the vomiting. Dogs actually will eat sweet grass when their stomach is upset to cause vomiting.

The other issue is she may have a sensitive stomach and may not be able to tolerate the normal protein sources. We see this problem quite often and have to change the protein source. Natural Balance Dog food has Limited ingredient foods with novel protein sources. Venison, Bison, Salmon, Rabbit and Duck. These will sometimes work better because of they cater to the sensitive stomach. Natural Balance sensitive stomach would be the next option I would try. I would also cut done the meals and feed smaller meals throughout the day. This can make it easier to digest and help with the vomiting. I would add a probiotic like Forte Flora to aid with digestion. Last I would do 1/4 of a Pepcid A/c every 12 hours to cut down on the bile. This should also help. No table food or snacks. Many of the snacks sold are really bad for the dogs and more natural snack made at home is better.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Something happened with the phone call I offered the premium service again if you would like it.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Checking in on your dog to see how it is doing and if the informations supplied was helpful.

Joan