Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My schnauzer is crying and biting at s tail, and there are

Customer Question

My schnauzer is crying and biting at his tail, and there are brown spots that look like dirt around his angus and tail. He's' Hes been wormed and fled
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's on grain free food, he's always been itchy but this is awful!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 12 months ago.

Hi JACustomer, can you give me some additional info?

1) What product is being used as dewormer and for flea prevention? When was it last applied?
2) Have you seen any fleas?
3) Any licking of the paws? Scratching at the abdomen?
4) Any regular oral medications?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We got it from the vet a couple months ago. He's always had allergies, he's on grain free food, he's got what looks like dirt flecks around his anus.

Look similar to this? http://fourmuddypaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Flea-Dirt.jpg

When was the last time it was applied?

The more specific your answers the better I'll be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I already paid to talk to someone and they're saying theres a problem with my password ***** an old question, I have to reset it, they'll send me an email, the email never came, now you want more money, and my dog is not getting any help at all! Thanks for taking the stress to an even higher level!
Expert:  James-cssm replied 11 months ago.
Hi! We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/9mcln-schnauzer-crying-biting-tail.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.