Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 10 month old Rott Terrier mix got into s fight with a,

Customer Question

My 10 month old Rott Bull Terrier mix got into s fight with a, bigger dog today at the park. MJ has some minor wounds and some blood but it stopped and he seemed OK after that playing with other dogs...but later he has become lethargic... More so than ever..not hjngryt, won't come to me and has been sleeping now for several hours. Gums are OK and no evidence of anything broken...his breathing is OK...nose hss been cold but is slightly warm now. I have him covered with a blanket but he won't even look at me when I call his name or anything... I am very worried.. He is my only pup and I can't stand the thought of losing him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Or. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Or?
Customer: He hasn't eaten since afternoon... He was eating some grass earlier.. Hope he didn't get into a bad plant or similar
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Are those gums paler then usual at all?

Any fluidy distension of the belly?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Can he keep water down?