Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is sometimes walking a little sideways in the back and

Customer Question

He is sometimes walking a little sideways in the back and won't get up on the bed anymore. The house has been broken into and I am thinking the dog may have been kicked
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sargent is a boxer that I don't know what his age. It's a neighbor that is overwhelmed and I am trying to help out
JA: How old is Sergeant?
Customer: I am not sure....he looks young like 3 or 4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sergeant?
Customer: I don't think so..but I don't live with the dog but about to take him to the vet if it look serious
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have a video of what you're seeing go on with his back end?
2) When did this begin?
3) Do you see any instance of the rear legs crossing over when he walks sideways?
4) Any problems sitting or rising from a sitting/laying position?
5) Any x-rays taken of his spine or hips recently?
6) is he on any medications?