Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

My dog has a strange wart like growth in between s toes, I

Customer Question

My dog has a strange wart like growth in between his toes , I can send you a pic , what should I do ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rocco and he is approximately 12 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocco?
Customer: He just had a contained cancerous growth in his belly
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own t help ensure I give you the best advice possible......

​Do you know how long it's been there?

Does he lick at it at all?

Approximately how big is it?

And you can attach a picture using the paper clip icon on your end, or if you want to upload it to some place like photo bucket or facebook and leave me a link, I can take a look at it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would guess it's been there a month because he's been licking his paw. It's the size of a golf ball. It's dark brown in color
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.

And sort of lumpy like cauliflower?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No more like a large red pomegranate seed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get the pictures ?
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.

Perfect! Thanks for the additional information and the photos. It's very helpful!

​It looks to me like you might be an interdigital cyst.. This is pretty common in some dogs, and as a general rule, we don't do much about it unless the cyst gets so big that it's impacting the way that the dog walks, or if the cyst makes the dog uncomfortable, which sounds like might be the case with your dog since he's licking at it.

There's a great site talking about them here:

If this were me, I'd have my vet take a look, just to be on the safe side, but I don't feel like we're dealing with anything scary like cancer here.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?