Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My thirteen year old Chihuahua has a little pink lump on her

Customer Question

My thirteen year old Chihuahua has a little pink lump on her chin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am concerned in that I grew very suddenly and I worry it could be concer although it looks more like a papilloma
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I know this is a worry for you but the chances are that this is something very minor, however I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. The situation is that geriatric and older dogs commonly get small cysts, abscesses, skin tags and soft warts and various other varieties of non malignant bumps and lumps, in my experience the vast majority of them are absolutely nothing to worry about at all. I frequently am asked about them during routine visits such as vaccination consults and my usual answer is just to monitor the situation and if you see any changes such as more rapid growth or changes in colour and texture then have the dog checked again for possible surgical removal.

2. However at the end of the day there are no guarantees via the internet and there is always the chance that a very few of these could be malignant and therefore a cause for concern. So really if you want to be 100% safe then you should have your vet check your Chihuahua over at some point.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Chihuahua is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the pink lump on her chin ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Vet_Answers