Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a ten year old female 3/4 Great ***** ***** and 1/4

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ten year old female 3/4 Great ***** ***** and 1/4 boxer but not spayed. In the last few days I noticed she is not as active but continues to eat her food twice a day as always. I finally noticed her drinking water when she has not in the two days prior. She was always a thin GD and her back legs have been weaker in the past two years. My last vet visit was in the summer and everything checked out fine. She looks thinner and in the middle of the night she comes to me while I'm asleep just to be petted. She refuse to go outside.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She continues to eat, urinate and had a bowel movement this a.m…which she has not in two days..she usually has one every day
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 11 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Is she as thin as she always has been?

When was her last heat cycle?

Does she have any abdominal swelling?

Are there steps she needs to use to go out?

Any stumbling or the paws turning under?