Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have bred german shepherds and have lost some due to

Customer Question

I have bred german shepherds and have lost some due to parvo. I have a litter due soon an concerned about parvo showing its ugly face again. I have bleached my yard several times as a preventative. My questions.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: 1. Should i just give a parvo only shot @6weeks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Or go ahead an give the 5 in 1 at 6 weeks or wait to give 5 in 1 @8 weeks?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was the mother's last DHPP vaccine given? Has she been kept up to date on annual vaccines before now?
2) Where have the past parvo puppies been kept primarily within your home and yard?
3) Where are you obtaining your vaccines?