PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My name is ***** ***** and I am pretty sure my 5mo

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I am pretty sure my 5mo labradoodle just ate a nylon stocking. One is missing. Last week he vomited up 2 chewed up golf socks that I had no idea he had eaten. He also had a foam ear plug in his poop last week. He just eats every thing. I am worried about this and need some advice please. Thank you so much.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Do you think the sock will pass or maybe vomit it up. Should I try to give him some olive oil to help it pass through or any suggestions. He seems very uncomfortable also and somewhat listless
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

How long ago was the stocking ingested?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
About 30min ago. He has started drinking more water now but don't think he feels well. Acting like he did when he threw up the golf socks. Do I need to induce vomiting

A stocking can most certainly cause a life threatening blockage in the intestines.

The best thing to do would be to make him vomit so that it doesn't make it into the intestines. Here are directions to do so: You'll want to use the freshest peroxide available, a new bottle if possible.

It may also be worth discussing kennel training this boy. His youth and his breeding play into his willingness to eat something and if he continues to ingest these types of things one of them is bound to cause a blockage which may require surgery. There's an extensive guide on how to do this here:

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?