Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My name is ***** ***** Our 7 yr old bichon poop have been

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Our 7 yr old bichon poop have been smaller and fewer the
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Than usual the last 2 days. His activity is normal he's drinking enough water
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It's reasonable to assume that your Bichon is eating less if less is coming out the other end. Is that what you're seeing? If not, he may be suffering a transient lack of gastrointestinal motility which can be normal or suggest primary GI distress or a systemic disorder that is affecting his GI tract. If he's otherwise normal, I would continue to "watchful wait" and see if additional symptoms arise. I don't see the need for his vet to attend to him at this time; I would expect his vet to give you the same advice rather than perform diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and/or X-rays or ultrasound of your dog's GI tract.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.