Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have an 8 y.o up spayed female golden doodle. 2 weeks ago

Customer Question

I have an 8 y.o up spayed female golden doodle . 2 weeks ago she woke up lethargic, vomiting , and squatting frequently. We called the er vet and they stated if she was not improved to bring her in. The next day she was eating, drinking, peeing, pooing, and no longer acting sick. 2-3 days later she got her period. Now her vulva is swollen, very dark brown on the end of it and she is squatting again. Period is done. Not acting super sick but also not as peppy as usual.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about The?
Customer: Not that I know of, thank u
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long ago did her heat cycle end? That is, what was the last day you saw bleeding?
2) Was she bred during this cycle?
3) Was she examined during the first onset of these episodes where she was lethargic, vomiting and squatting?