Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I take my dogs to day care. the oldest came home about three

Customer Question

I take my dogs to day care. the oldest came home about three weeks ago with a cough mostly at night as if she was trying to get something stuck out of her throat and couldn't. we have been to the vet twice. he says not serious and not to worry. Yesterday my puppy that is 13 weeks came home with the same cough. I am frustrated.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about That?
Customer: i expressed to him that i witnessed other dogs going into the daycare with the same cough. they are otherwise healthy. eating drinking playing and nothing seems wrong
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companions?

1) Have any medications been prescribed for your pups yet? If so, what is being given?
2) Have you contacted the day care facility to inform them?
3) Are the dogs still going to day care?