PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My name is ***** *****.. I have a question... Yes. My

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****.. I have a question...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. My question is about the pancreatitis potential in a response given to someone whose dog was vomiting and was putting rear up in the air... Does blood work tell if there is a pancreatic issue?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hi JACustomer, thanks for your question.

The short answer is that, yes, it can show on blood work. However, we usually have to run a specific test for it. In some cases, that isn't done. In others, a diagnosis is made on an increased lipase (although not nearly as specific as other testing, it's often diagnostic). Basically, you have to run the right tests to get the confirmation.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy