Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Heavy breathing, and coughs as if trying to hack something

Customer Question

Heavy breathing, and coughs as if trying to hack something out of his throat. Hard for him to lay down. Some clear nasal drippings
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mario, he's 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mario?
Customer: He has an enlarged spleen, and had seizures a few months ago
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How was he diagnosed with a enlarge spleen? Was it by ultrasound? x-ray? Is he on any medications currently?