Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I left to go outside and came back to see that my dog had

Customer Question

i left to go outside and came back to see that my dog had gotten into my strawberry milkshake
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kobe, and he is about 14 weeks old now
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kobe,?
Customer: there wasnt that much of the milkshake left.. the most of it probably soaked into the carpet, but i'm not sure how much he licked himself
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
kobe has been shaking now after he ate it, but i'm pretty sure it's because i disciplined him for getting into the shake.. however he is still shaking and i don't think it's because he's scared.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right now he is sleeping.
Expert:  Candy replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear you are worried about Kobe getting in to your milkshake. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 27 years.

Dairy products can cause some digestive upset and strawberries are not dangerous.If he ate a large amount then this could result in pancreatitis due to the high fat content. From your original question it sounds as if he only got a small amount so I would not be to concerned about this.

We may be concerned if the milkshake contained the artificial sweetener xylitol. I would just make sure this was not in the ingredients.

He may have some stomach upset and which can cause the shaking you are seeing.

As long as there is no xylitol in the shake then I would just keep an eye on him and he should not have any serious complications. If he should stop eating for more then 24 hours, seems painful in his abdomen or any other problems then I would have him seen by a vet but I suspect he will be fine.

I hope this helps to ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you this evening.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. He is not shaking anymore just asleep. The milkshake was from chick fil a so I don't know whether it has the ingredient or not..
Expert:  Candy replied 7 months ago.

Glad to hear the shaking has stopped. Looking up the nutritional information for this shake there is no xylitol so no worries there. Give him a good pet from me.