Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

He has a small bump in between s leg and rib area. It's

Customer Question

He has a small bump in between his leg and rib area. It's perfectly round and has a dark dot about the size of a needle head in the center.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is not
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** aren't sure of his age because he was dumped. We rescued him. If I guessed I'd say 6 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: He has a lot of coughing fits. He was given antibiotics before for it but it still continues sometimes. He also throws up kind of frequently.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Any chance you can take a photo of this bump and post it here with the paper clip icon so I can view what you're seeing? A picture could be worth a thousand words in this situation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have attached 3 photos. I'm sorry for the poor quality, but its really hard to get him to lay still. Two pictures are of the bump, the third is of Buddy himself. I'm not sure if the type of dog makes a difference, but the picture it the best i can do. He was dumped at our house a few years back and I don't know what kind of dog he is. The only details I can give about the bump that may not be evident in the picture is that its shiny and aside from the small spot in the center it's the same color as his skin. Only about a cm wide. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for sending those! I'm going to look at them now.

Buddy looks like a very wiggly fellow! Full of energy. That bump itself has me suspicious for something like a sebaceous cyst. They can occur on the skin in areas where an oil gland gets blocked up and then the oils / secretions accumulate under the skin. These are pretty common and typically don't grow or grow extremely slowly. The best way to know exactly what it is would be to have a vet aspirate it with a needle to look at the material that comes out under a microscope. If it is a sebaceous cyst, they are cosmetic issues that can occasionally open and discharge their material.