Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I was told my dog had parvo hes about 8 weeks old and has

Customer Question

I was told my dog had parvo hes about 8 weeks old and has the first shots.. I took him and inwas told he was going to get a 3 day treatment of 2 shots for 3 days inwas told it was antibiotics and a vitamin and was given a food that looks like a tooth paste and to give him water ot pedialite... Today is the 3 days and b4 i took him to get his last. 2 shots my son grabed him and he starded salivating and he peed and poop on my son the poop was solid no blood and he just wanted to run of from my hands like he was desperate.. They said it was normal but that doesn't look bormal to me
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: His head was shaking like if he was convulsing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's a poodle
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I've seen my patient's "freak" in that manner when intensely fearful but Coco's head shaking as if convulsing isn't consistent with such freaking. Instead, it can represent idiopathic (unknown cause) head tremors or, instead, a form of complex partial seizure (also called psychomotor seizure) which is defined as abnormal focal or asymmetric sensory or motor activity affecting any part of the body and which may be associated with autonomic signs such as salivation, vomiting, or defecation and is associated with a change in mentation (mental status) and/or behavioral abnormalities.

Please give me an update on Coco and please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?