Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

A couple years aso while not paying attention to where he

Customer Question

A couple years aso while not paying attention to where he was going one day he slammed into a tree trunk. No apparent injury - pupils reactive & same size. Vet checked. About a year ago my vet said there was a cataract forming in one eye. Recently I noticed that he was turning his head ... seems like he is trying to focus out of his better eye. More recently he is turning his head from side to side when he is coming through the yard. This is not apparent in the house - only when outside and coming from a longer distance. There is no head tilt ... just the side to side. As if he is having trouble seeing. He is almost 12 years old - Border Collie. Thanks for any insight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Border collie's name?
Customer: His name is Buzter. Father was Buzz - Mother was Twister = Buzter :)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buzter?
Customer: No ... he is happy and healthy otherwise.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was the last time blood work was performed on Buzter?
2) Has this been a sudden onset or slowly getting worse over time?