Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My one year old shi tzu is fainting and last night she

Customer Question

Hi my one year old shi tzu is fainting and last night she screamed at about 4 am. She hit her head the last time she fell, and she is just lying in my arms. Should I bring her over?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Lucy.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucy?
Customer: We recently tried to change her food to adult Wellness food, and she started throwing up yellow like bile every night until we changed the food about a week ago.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. By just laying in your arms you mean she is so weak she is not moving and walking on her own? What color are her gums? When did she last eat? Can you tell me what she does when she "faints" please? I want to see if it sounds like a seizure.