Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

Her right eye is rolled up into her head, Heidi, a boxer,

Customer Question

Her right eye is rolled up into her head
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Heidi, a boxer, who is seven
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Heidi?
Customer: She has hip displasia but is very healthy other than that
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 7 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

The rolling back of the eye is called Enophthalmus and you read about conditions causing this on the following site:

Pain is a common cause for this to occur as is horner syndrome. Pain could be from corneal ulceration or injury which may be the case given the eye is discharging fluid.

Horner syndrome can also be a cause. You can read about this here:

If she has been scratching her head or running through high brush, she may have scratched the eye. Eye disorders that cause the eyelashes to rub the eyes can also lead to corneal ulcerations causing pain. With ulceration, the third eyelid often comes up from the inner corner of the eye to partially cover the eye as well.

I urge you to have her dog seen by the vet so treatment can be started since I know you don't want her in pain for too long.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.