Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog has a bump on her lower eye lid by the corner of her

Customer Question

Hi my dog has a white bump on her lower eye lid by the corner of her eye. There is no discharge, and when I check the in side of her lid it is not red. It's not bothering her, I have been using saline 3 times a day. It seems to be getting smaller, what wrong
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is four
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Magamoo?
Customer: She is healthy as a horse
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have a clear picture of the lump?
2) How long has it been there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
about a week
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is it

Hi JACustomer, the photo is blurry on my end. It's hard to tell what you're seeing. Is there another photo, by chance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No she dose not like her picture taken

I'll opt out and allow another expert to step in. Perhaps they can see more clearly than what's coming through on my end. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay it's not bothering her and her eye is open, no discharge, could it be allergies
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your help ,I will keep an eye on it. Question why is my credit card being charged for 19.00 instead of the 5.00 fee that I signed up for.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'll follow up for PitRottMommy for you. The photo is blurry but the bump is likely to indicate a prolapsed gland of the third eyelid. This gland normally sits in back of the third eyelid but can pop out if its attachment to the third eyelid isn't as firm as it should be. These glands need to be tacked back in place. Have Magamoo's vet take a look at this eye. Unfortunately, I can be mistaken because the photo isn't definitive. Please see here and let me know if this is what you're seeing:

Please contact***@******.*** for questions concerning your financial obligation to the site.