Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a malti-poo; and she's 11 years old. She is ghly

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: How can we help?
Customer: I have a malti-poo; and she's 11 years old. She is highly allergic from birth. For the past 2 years, she has had this yeast skin problem. The vet constantly prescribes her an antibiotic in which clears up the problem for about a week. I was told to bathe her with medicated shampoo and rinse her with water and apple cider vinegar. I recently have noticed that her skin is really red and warm
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Diamond
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Diamond?
Customer: No; I think that's all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What are the names of the medications your vet has prescribed?

Is she scratching a lot?