Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I'm not sure but he seems to have the symptoms of parvenu. I

Customer Question

I'm not sure but he seems to have the symptoms of parvenu. I had a dog that had to be put in intensive care a while back for the same thing. I cannot afford to pay for treatment. Yesterday he ate a little and had a it of water, so I started to have hope but today he went back to not eating. It breaks my heart to see him withering so fast. I am in Houston if you could please tell me where to take him, I would surely appreciate it!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: We just call him little Buddy because we actually did not intend on keeping him. Tried to find him a home but didn't work out. I think his about 10 mos old.
JA: How old is Buddy?
Customer: About 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: He seemed to be losing there hair on his arms about 3 months ago which is one of the reasons I tried to keep him & get him better. It looked like mange but he started getting healthy & his hair started growing back. I assumed he was OK
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Do you mean parvo virus?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Can you describe his symptoms?