Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog is a Great Dane not quite 2 years old. He has had

Customer Question

My dog is a Great Dane not quite 2 years old. He has had diarrhea for just over a week now. He has been house trained for over a year. Everytime he goes it isnt diarrhea but at least once a day.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Angelo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Angelo?
Customer: We have recently moved about 2 months ago, so there could be some anxiety from that. Initially it was probably caused from a change in food, but i immediately went back to the same food he has been on
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and I would love to assist you.

Have you had a fecal done on the stool?

Have you tried any other diets when the diarrhea ocurs?

What food is he on when this happens?

Joan

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We are currently feeding him raw chicken once a day and dry food, Pedigree large Breed, twice a day. I did try to change dog food brands initially I am not sure which one it was but I gave it to him one time and then this started happening so I stopped.
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Thank-you for the information. There have been reports of problems with Pedigree food causing problems. I would like you to try a bland diet next time he has diarrhea. This would be 1 part chicken breast boiled and skinless to 3 parts white rice. To this mixture, I would like to see you add 3 tablespoons of Pure Canned Pumpkin which is a high fiber food and aid with Diarrhea. The last thing is to add Forte flora which is a Probiotic and should help with good gut flora. I would have a fecal done to be sure this is not a parasite issue. When you start food back I would like to see the dog go on a better food like Natural Ba***** *****D which is limited ingredient diet. You can get the one for sensitive stomachs. using a higher quality food with a Unique protein source may help. This way we are covering all bases. If these solutions do not work then you may want to ask about an anti anxiety medication and see if it helps.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

I wanted to check in on your Great Dane to see how he is doing. Please let me know if the information was helpful. I am hoping this diet will help him.

Joan