Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Our 5.5 yr old German has been limping last 2 days and seems

Customer Question

our 5.5 yr old German has been limping last 2 days and seems to be getting little worse
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: not sure what the root cause is but my boys are concerned. He's a rescue dog we've had for about 2.5 months now. He's healthy, active all the time but yesterday/today moving slower
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: We put him inside the crate when the winds/rains were really wild/strong the other night as he was super scared; seems it started after that.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 7 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Is this a german shepherd?

Did he slip in the mud anytime before this limp happened?

Are his nails long on that paw?

Is this a rear or frong leg?

Was he trying to get out of the crate?

Has he had a vet visit yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will not pay for anymore services. I already answered some of these questions when I realized there's a few. No more monies. Will contact local vet at this time. Thank you

Well, if you scroll up, the answers to those questions do not appear above. It just says German and there are shepherds, pointers, and german pinschners. Knowing the breed is important. It stated you put him in the crate when the wind started but it didn't rule out that the dog may have been outside at one point. You also did NOT mention on what leg the dog was limping or if the nails have been trimmed back or if he's been to the vet. You stated he was scared in the crate but you did not say he was trying to get out. So none of the questions I asked wee answered above. It does not bother me if you wish to consult your vet as he has obviously injured himself in some way. However, most vets are focused on the medical side and not the behavioral side and it is obvious he also has some behavioral issues. I wish you the best of luck.