Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Our 5 year old papyllion was attacted by a coyote one week

Customer Question

our 5 year old papyllion was attacted by a coyote one week ago. We took him to our vet and she stitched up wounds. We brought home 2 days ago. There was an open hole that drained fluid when we brought him home. Most on wounds were to his sides. The vet felt the coyote had grabbed him and shook him. She felt this caused the skin to separate from body. He has been doing well and we have added a bandage made of t-shirt so he wouldn't lick wounds. However, it now appears that the stitches have come out and there is a gaping wound. We have lost confidence in the vet and don't know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No, just seepage.
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Patches
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Patches?
Customer: He is on antibiotics and gampentum.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

Do you happen to have any photos to share of the gaping wound?

Are you seeing any other areas of concern?

How is he feeling aside from this, stilling eating, drinking, urinating, defecating normally?

Is he currently on any medications or have they been finished?

Are you seeing any oozing from the wound or just that it's open?