Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian

I would like to ask a question about my puppy. She is 9

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! I would like to ask a question about my puppy. She is 9 weeks old. But I realized she sleeps more than usual today. But she eat and drink water like usual, and play as usual as well. However, one thing that i noticed that she might be a bit slower than usual.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your puppy. What is the dog's name?
Customer: It's lexie.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?
Customer: Nope. That's all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned because your little one, Lexie, appears to be sleeping more than usual today.

On a positive note she ate and drank normally and played well.

Puppies this age do play hard and sleep hard. Some days they sleep more than others because they need more rest to grow.

If she were vomiting or eating very poorly, had diarrhea or a fever (rectal temperature greater than 103F) I would be more concerned. And certainly if her behavior persists for several days and she becomes more lethargic then she should see your family veterinarian.

But one day of needing more rest is not something I would be very worried about.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.