Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My mini dachshund was eating some chicken peices- not bones

Customer Question

my mini dachshund was eating some chicken peices- not bones just chicken. she ate it too fast and it seemed like a peice was stuck in her throat as she was swallowing to try and get it down. stuck my finger in there and didnt feel anything but it seemed to have passed. i just want to make sure she will be ok and it went down the right hole
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dachshund will be able to digest that. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: harley and shes 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harley?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did your girl eat the pieces of chicken?
2) Are you hearing any wheezing, coughing or gagging?
3) Any vomiting today after the chicken was consumed?