Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My lab seems to have body twitches. Not sure why? Got stung

Customer Question

My lab seems to have body twitches. Not sure why? Got stung by bees a couple of time about 3 hours ago. Could that be it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She seems to act fine other than that
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly 1 1/2
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

Can you tell me if there is any swelling where the bees stung her?

Did you give anything after the stings?

Are the stingers removed from the areas?

Joan

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no swelling and we did not give her anything. can not tell if stinger still in. dont believe so because i cant see anything. it seems to have stopped. It was kind of like the hiccups but more rapid. It was ongoing for about 30 minutes, but she seems ok now
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

Thank-you! I would give some Benedryl at 1-2 Mg per pound of body weight. This will help if this is a reaction to the the Bee Sting that will help. WE do see different reactions to bee stings and this may be what you have seen this evening. Please try that and see if this helps resolve the problem. It will make the dog sleepy, but should help.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

How is your dog doing today? Is she back to normal? Did the Benedryl seem to help?

Joan