Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

Bella has had some vomiting, eating grass, and diarrhea off

Customer Question

Bella has had some vomiting, eating grass, and diarrhea off and on. This has happened on two occasions but has not lasted more than a day and then she seems like a happy baby again. You previously answered a question regarding her gate where you said if she didn't have digestive issues so I wanted to reiterate that.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like Bella has a very sensitive digestive tract and when she has these episodes, fast her for 24 hrs and at the same time, give her Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. After the fast, feed a small meal of rice and boiled chicken which is a bland diet. This will help her past this. I am sure it was the stress of her background. You did not mention that, at this time, Bella is having any issues so teh aspirin will be fine for her as long as you give this after she eats.

Does that make more sense to you?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta