Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My olde English bulldogge isn't feeling well. I think she

Customer Question

My olde English bulldogge isn't feeling well. I think she ate a banana peel. She has eaten grass to puke. She didn't want dinner. She ate it a little while after her normal time. She then was crying off and on and regurgitated her food. She doesn't show signs of bloat but I'm concerned she could have a blockage.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is current on all vaccines, she's 5 years old, and takes Proin.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I will be happy to assist you today.

You are right to be concerned about a blockage as a banana peel will not break down well in the intestines. The only way you will know for sure is to have an x ray taken. You are already seeing some signs such as the vomiting. She may also start to show signs of sudden lack of appetite, diarrhea and lethargy.

I am going to direct you to a site that goes over foreign body obstruction so you can get an idea of what needs to be done for your girl. I would withhold all food until you can have her seen, but she can have water.

obstruction of the bowel

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastrointestinal-foreign-body-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.